Activities at Lake House Bed and Breakfast
- Simply Relax-get a Massage-pamper yourself and your loved one.
- Visit a Day Spa in Bridgton at 647-3636, or we can arrange for a massage in your own room at the Inn from a certified masseuse.
- Climb Mount Tire’m on the Daniel Brown trail, named for a leading citizen in the early 1800’s, a moderately steep climb that levels off to a fairly gentle ascent. Just minutes from your room, take the one hour round trip climb before breakfast to view farms and fields, Bear Pond, Long Lake, Sebago Lake, Keoka Lake and surrounding peaks.
- Take a leisurely walk to the beaches on Lake Keoka-launch your boat or take a swim in the crystal clear water.
- Sit on the Village Green across from the Home of Artemus Ward, Mark Twain’s mentor or wander over to the Waterford Public Library or Mary Rice Museum.
- In autumn walk Plummer Hill Road to the apple orchards and Mount Tirem Cider Mill.
- The Waterford World’s Fair takes place in August-a good old country fair.
- Melby’s Market & Eatery ( the former Tut’s General Store) is located 5 miles from Lake House on Rt 35. They offer hearty meals at good prices and country hospitality. Melby’s is the home of the original Buffalo Burger-5 ounces of Pure Native Bison. They also serve Elk and Ostrich.
- Marta’s Bakery & Catering is also 5 miles away on Rt 35. Wedding cakes are a specialty for Marta. She has had over 30 years in food preparation. Take home a treat or eat them in her cafe overlooking North Waterford.
- Waterford Woodworking builds heirloom quality, shaker influenced, furniture using traditional methods of woodworking used 100-200 years ago. Lee Bradley will show you around his showroom in Waterford.
- Don’t miss Beech Hill Bison Ranch also on Rt 35 in North Waterford. Beech Hill Farm, a 4th generation family farm, offers Hay Rides among the herd, Buffalo trading post, Gourmet meats, and a large variety of gift items. Paul & Marcia are open year round and welcome your visit to experience an American Heritage-Buffalo.
Summer in the Western Maine Lakes Region
SEBAGO SAILING … Listing of lake events, sailing and weather information, etc.
McLAUGHLIN FOUNDATION … Garden & Horticultural Center – A nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving one of Maine’s renowned historic landscapes. The garden is open daily during the season/ The center is open year-round.
DEERTREES THEATRE … Deertrees Theatre and Cultural Center is one of the most active performing arts and cultural center for Western Maine since 1936. Presenting an eclectic offering of over fifty productions during a season that runs from late June until early September.
POLAND SPRING PRESERVATION and Recreational Trails, Museum and Spring House. The historical Poland Spring bottling plant which now houses interactive science displays. Go hiking on the trails of visit All Soul’s Chapel or Poland Spring Inn. Go to Sadie’s Place for breakfast or lunch and a gift shop.
BLACKSMITHS WINERY in South Casco offers Maine crafted wines. Sample while visiting the blacksmith shop and tasting room
WHITE BIRCH GUIDE SERVICE, Lovell Captain Paul Bois, Master Maine Guide specializing in western Maine lakes for salmon, lake trout and bass.
SACO RIVER CANOE & KAYAK Fryeburg Day trips and overnights on the Saco River.
Children’s Summer Camps
You’ll find a wide variety of camps in the area where thousands of children enjoy a fantastic summer.
Camp Arcadia, Casco ME
Birch Rock Camp, Waterford ME located on Lake McWain
Camp Fernwood, Poland ME
Fernwood Cove, Harrison ME
Encore/Coda, Stearns Pond, Sweden ME
Camp Pinecliffe, Harrison ME
Camp Tapawingo, Sweden ME
Camp Walden, Denmark ME
Camp Waziyatah, Waterford ME
Camp Wigwam, Waterford ME
Camp Wekeela, Canton ME
More links to come!
RETREATS FOR BUSINESS MEETINGS. . . can easily be accommodated. We can set-up a meeting room, offer coffee breaks and prepare meals. LAKE HOUSE Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to go for a quiet, peaceful setting where you can do some brainstorming and get some work done outside of the hustle and bustle of the office. And remember that we have lodging available.
SOCIAL AFFAIRS. . . are our specialty. We will help design a menu for your Wedding, Rehearsal Dinner Party, Christmas Party, Anniversary Celebration, or whatever the occasion.